Friday, February 14, 2014

Káposztás rétes - cabbage strudel


I have to admit I'm the salty type. I could live happily forever after without any sweet if I just had enough salty treats.
This is one of my favorites...
It goes well for an easy and fast dinner, as well as a more filling snack, and can be taken to a picnic. Who can ask for more?

Ingredients
Phyllo dough

Filling
Half a cabbage, about 1 pound

Cut the cabbage in fine slices, sprinkle with salt and paper to taste.

Preheat the oven to 400 C.
Roll out the phyllo dough, brush with oil the whole surface of the dough and spread the cabbage kinda evenly and roll it into a log.
form a spiral and place it in a tray.
Place it on the second lower shelf of your oven and bake for 20 minutes. If you like the cabbage more cooked lower the temperature and bake a bit longer.
I prefer it soft but still crunchy a bit..

Serve while still warm with cold sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment