Friday, February 14, 2014

Phyllo dough

It deserves it's own post because maaaaaaany goodies will come with this pastry.
It might look difficult at first glimpse, but don't give up, it is actually much easier than you think.

Ingredients
300 g (2 cups) bread flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
125 ml (1/2 cup) warm


Prepare a kitchen table with a large table cloth, and sprinkle with flour.
Now, get the dough out from the foil, place it on the table, with a rolling pin roll it a little, and now start pulling the sides. I admit, I'm not using the rolling pin but just pull the dough until I get a large enough piece cover twice the back of my hand, and I start pulling, rotating, like the pizza dough guys :), until the middle gets more and more thin and transparent. than I do the same, slowly moving towards the edges. When the dough it to thin to rotate on my hands, I drop in on the table and start pulling the sides, to make the doug has thin, and as large as possible. Try to keep the shape of a rectangle.
When you have a size of at least 60x80 cm, and the dough is thin, cut the thick edges.

Now come the filling and the rolling, which will depend on what you make from this..

No comments:

Post a Comment